Sunday, May 24, 2009

Organic Artichoke Plant

This is a picture of my organic artichoke plant budding out in my organic front yard garden in Leander, Texas. Yes, I do own the book Edible Estates: Attack on the Front Lawn and my front and back lawns have been extremely minimized. I planted artichokes in one of my front yard garden beds & am so happy it is finally bearing fruit!! I am a Native Texan and after almost a lifetime of gardening in Texas this is my first time growing artichokes. I just never have run accross plants for sale until I saw this at a local nursery in Leander a couple of years ago. I love to eat them- they are a delicacy. I hardly ever get sick, but when I have over the past decade, I have found that I get a craving for artichokes and eat a steamed one while soaking in my garden tub! LOL They seem to have a curative power over me! Ahhh, the magically delicious and delectable globe artichoke! I want more in my life and in my garden.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: